Daddy's Roses Annex

Monday, March 20, 2006

from Jumbo Joke
www.jumbojoke.com


NASA was interviewing professionals to be sent to Mars, and they needed someone very special since only one person could go -- and it was a one-way mission: they'd couldn't return to Earth.
The first applicant, an engineer, was asked why he was most qualified and how much he wanted to be paid.
"I'm an engineer, so the mission would have the most chance for success because I can fix anything that goes wrong. As for pay," he said, "I want a million dollars because I want to donate it to M.I.T."
The next applicant, a doctor, was asked the same question. "I'm a doctor, so I'd be able to keep myself alive to achieve the mission goals. I'd like $2 million: a million to my family, and the rest would be to fund the rest of my work on a technology I just invented that would save thousands of lives."
The last applicant was a lawyer. When asked how much money he wanted, he whispered in the interviewer's ear, "Three million dollars."
"How are you more qualified," asked the interview panel, "and why do you want so much more money?"
"Well," the lawyer replied, "Clearly the doctor is full of himself; if you give me $3 million, I'll give you $1 million, I'll keep $1 million, and we'll send the engineer to Mars."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home